Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A High School Grandy

The lovely Vixen has tagged me for a meme in her Has the Moon Lost Her Memory post. She tagged me about a week ago, but you know Grandy...late for everything.

In this meme Grandy must share 7 things about herself from...are you ready for this?...High School. Oh yeah...High School Grandy...fun fun! In this case we'll flash back to the f.k.a. (formerly known as) Brundage.


Actual pic of Grandy's High School...Home of the Vikings

1. Brundage/Grandy played goalie in field hockey all four years. It was merely an accident that she ended up as the goalie. In her first game she was playing fullback and lost.her.skirt. How is it she didn't get the memo from ANYONE that you are to wear shorts under the skirt? Hmmmm... A future in the role of goalie was born. Girls wielding sticks at Grandy meant nothing compared to the fact that she did not have to face the fear of losing her skirt (without tequila) again. Goalies don't wear skirts.

Not actual pic of Grandy...but close.

2. Brundage/Grandy has a friend from high school (we're still close) who she made laugh so hard that she shot grape juice out of her nose. Grandy was wearing all white at the time, and to this day has never let her live it down.

3. Brundage/Grandy shared a 1981 AMC Spirit with her twin sister. We shared this car and rocked the hand-me-down generation with it. It had been San Diego Sister's car first, then Brother's (need to come up with a nickname for him) car. By the time it got to us, the gas guage didn't work (among other things). I can't tell you how many times we had to push the dang thing out of an intersection. It was a nice way to meet cute boys...but it did get old.

Ours was blue...but this is dead on!

4. Brundage/Grandy and her girlfriends and twin sister would have tons of sleepovers. **Psssst** ::whispering:: Don't tell Grandy's mom...but they were never rarely supervised. We could party hardy!! I love these girls still today. Good-Times!! Two words...Puddin' Heads!!

5. Brundage/Grandy grew up in an era where it was cool if you woke up and your house was toilet papered. It was "game-on" because it meant that they somehow got by you. Grandy and her friends would constantly wage a secret TP war against only the ones who could take it. Our circle of friends was pretty large, so the target was great. Having at least one driver in the group helped. And lucky for us, a couple of us had older brothers and older friends.

Oh yeah...this was not one of our houses...but we were this good.


6. Brundage/Grandy almost became a Brundage/Something Else. On graduation night I became engaged with my high school sweetheart. He was a sweet kid, and we were both so young. The circumstances of our break-up were painful, and let's face it, an 18 year old Grandy was in no way prepared for "marriage", or anything close to it. I can't imagine what would have happened if my life went by way of the "Ellis". This blog would take on a whole different meaning, that's for sure.

7. Brundage/Grandy was one of those annoying girls who thoroughly enjoyed her high school experience. School was all about the social aspect. Pep rallys, dances, games...we did it all. I'm not sure I could live through it again, but I'm certainly glad I did.

Does this really suprise anyone?? Really?!?

Class of 1990 Rocks!!


I'm tagging everyone for this meme because how fun it is to revisit some of the good times from high school. Besides, some of you NaBloPoMo peeps may need some material to help get you through the month.

Just please make sure you let me know if you're playing along so I can come check it out.

See you all tomorrow!!

**Oh yeah! THANK GOODNESS FOR GOOGLE IMAGES**

20 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

I played 4 yrs on our HS field hockey team, too. I was a "link" on the forward line so you would have had to watch me like a hawk!

shrink on the couch said...

Ok, check it out. I just linked you and did the meme.

Tricia said...

These are hilarious. I'm not taking up your meme challenge. My mom reads my blog and I'd have to filter considerably :o) I miss the cool toilet papering era!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Grandy. I do believe we grew up not to far away from each other (I was in Santa Clara then Redwood City), although by the time you graduated I had an 8 and a 6 year old.

I loved the days when TPing was cool. No one got hurt, no one called the cops and we had fun!

Mrs. F said...

I lived in North Salinas for approximately 2 months. The lady downstairs from us was a mother-effin crazy bee-word, so we broke our lease and moved to Gonzales.

I may or may not do this meme...

songbird's crazy world said...

OK, so now I'm going to have to do this one too!

Christina said...

Done!
http://treesflowersbirds.wordpress.com/2008/11/12/high-school-me/

That was a ton of fun!

nylonthread said...

I'll have to institute a meme day, amidst the theme I've got going on. Maybe Saturday? My mom reads my blog, too, but high school is water under the bridge. Nobody's grounding me when I've got my own house and kids!

songbird's crazy world said...

OK, mine's done. I had to filter a bit...my daughter goes to my old high school.

Mrs. G. said...

You were a bad, bad girl.

Joyce-Anne said...

Of course, you likee High School...I was not athletic and a nerd/geek. But, I did sing. I was in 2 choirs and the director was (I'll put it nicely) a task master. In HS I was incredibly shy and never went out for the Drama department because that would have meant performing in front of people.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I was a midfielder for 4 years. My kids play the TP game these days and you're right--it was much better last year when my older son would drive.

Grandy said...

PHD~ I'm sure I would have...and I still am watching you (hawk-like that is).

PHD take 2~ Really? Already?! Right on!

Tricia~ I understand the whole mom thing. She reads mine too...but oh well.

Vixen~ We did grow up in the same general vicinity, but it does sound like I could have babysat your kids.

Mrs. F~ SHUT UP!! Seriously? NORTH SALINAS? You're a chicken if you don't do it.

Songbird~ Yep! Let's play!!

Grandy said...

Christina~ Right on! I'm off to check it...after I get tonight posted of course.

Nylon~ Good point! You one smart mamma!!

Songbird~ Ooohh...yes...could be awkward.

Mrs. G~ Ha! We could still be friends you know. We would have fun!!

Joyce-Anne~ But didn't you sing in front of people??

Jenn~ Fess up!! You drive them around now, huh??

dkuroiwa said...

Even though I'm just a few years older than you, I'm pretty sure we would have been friends and we would have just laughed and had fun and TP'd houses and run from the cops and danced and....yeah...!!
That was a cool meme...may have to do that one!
(I'll let you know!!)

Grandy said...

DK~ Please do let me know!! :)

storyteller said...

I’m impressed! I can barely remember high school. Goalie, eh … I should have guessed! Oh … I hated TP’d houses … seriously … such a MESS and my folks just didn’t get that it was ‘kewl’ … sigh! Methinks I’m going to pass on this one because I really don’t remember much about those years at all!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hated high school for the most part. But, I'll see what I can do with this. You're responsible for any therapy sessions I may need to pull myself out of the high school funk. ;-)

Mrs. F said...

Yup, on N. Main Street. Pretty close to the mall.

:)

Grandy said...

Storyteller~ With all the memes you do, I'm sure you could pass on a few. :)

Curb~ Ah hell...you better not post about it because I can't handle the guilt of your tailspin.

Mrs. F~ Shut up! Frequented the mall often. (Worked there too)