It's not that our house is filthy, nor would it qualify for an episode of How Clean Is Your House? but I must say that even this Grandy has had her limit.
I saw the surgeon for a follow-up on Friday, and although he hasn't released me to go back to work, he has said I can start going back to certain activities. As much as I hate to say it, the home in Grandy-land is needing some serious attention.
The boys have really done their best to try and step up (insert "bless their hearts" comment here) and help out. They have washed their own clothes for about a month...with only minor incident. Ty has been faithfully doing the dishes, dusting, and getting the mail at least once a week. I couldn't even recreate the happy dance he did when he realized the belt on the vacuum was broken...one less chore.
But last weekend (the first days I could start driving) I had decided it was time to prepare for the battle. I have GOT to do something! I knew I was going to see the doc this week and was hopefully going to be allowed to get my clean on.
Well...I've been given the green light (in moderation of course) and am going to commence this today. I will try to tackle a room every day.
Today I must start HERE:
I took this pic on Monday...when I was having my
- 2 big bags of candy - Donated to the church for their Harvest Festival.
- Target bags - They housed the other random cleaning supplies that Grandy decided she must have.
- Purse - It's been moved...I promise.
- Big hefty bags in the back - Those are clothes that no longer fit me (since I've lost tons) and they've been delivered to the thrift store.
- Curio cabinet - It was delivered a while ago (it was Gramma's) but now has a home. Please don't ask why it was placed there...and NO I didn't move it myself. They just needed my direction.
Can you find the object that slays me the most? Really? Look REAL HARD.
How many of you can claim to have an Elvis Hound Dog on their dining room table. How about an Elvis Hound Dog NEXT to a camping lantern?
No? Just the Grandys? Really??
Oh...those Lysol Gloves and I are SO going to be friends today.
Unless you want to come see what's at the bottom of this pile...Grandy will see you all tomorrow!!
OH! And I promise to announce the winner of my 200th Post - Another Grandy-Ose Contest tomorrow.