Friday, November 14, 2008

World Diabetes Day



Today is World Diabetes Day!!


We tried to get the petition signed over at Google, to have a special doodle in honor of the day, but I guess the f*ckers had other more pressing matters to attend to. Perhaps they were preparing for World Save the Idiot day.

Anywho...this post is all in blue for my peeps at tudiabetes.com so I can send them some normal blood sugar lovin'.

If you are diabetic, or know someone who is, I encourage you to check out this network. They have groups for every type of diabetic, and with people who go through the same things you do...it's nice to know you're not alone.

I want to thank my doctors who work so hard with me to manage my diabetes. I LUV YOU!!


See the rest of you all tomorrow!!!




9 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are awesome for spreading the word!

Mike Golch said...

Type 1 or type 2 ?????
My Better Half is a type one and has been for almost 40 years. we had a bad scare this week. I blogged about it.

Mike Golch said...

By the way I linked bach to this post.you are more elequent that I.

Mrs. F said...

Happy national diabetes day, my diabetic friend. (Not sure if that is the appropriate salutation for the occasion, so I took a guess!)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I'll have to send the link to my daugher and her boyfriend. It is definitely not easy to have Diabetes when you're 23.

Renie Burghardt said...

We need a World Diabetes Day, since this malady (!) is now in epidemic proportions. Going to check out your link. Never been there before.

Normal sugar Hugs!

Renie

Anonymous said...

Just out meeting NaBloPoMo participants and wanted to say hi! Good luck on the rest of the month & good for you for spreading the word!

Cheers! Giyen

Grandy said...

Suzanne~ Thanks!!

Mike~ World Diabetes Day is for ALL Diabetics, or family members. Thanks for spreading the word.

Mrs. F~ It works bud...it works well.

Jenn~ It's not easy...that's when they discovered it with me.

Grandy said...

Renie~ Thanks lady!!

Giyen~ Thanks for stopping by and saying HI! :)