Saturday, July 5, 2008

Another Meme from the Road

It's true... Grandy has been tagged for another meme by the lovely Paloma at PollyWaddleDoodlesAllDay. She's truly a nut.

I may have done this before, but the rules change just a bit each time that I'm not sure. Not wanting to be the pooper of the partay, I feel compelled to oblige.

Here are the rules…And my commentary of course.

1. List these rules on your blog. ~CHECK
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog. ~NEW FACTS?? What haven't I covered?
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. ~Easy enough
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. ~Alright, quit nagging.

My 7 facts are:

1. I am #5 of five children (my twin is #4 by only one minute). #1 is Nurse Sister, 9 years older. You might remember her from I C more of U. #2 is in San Diego, I'll have to come up with a nick-name for her. For that matter I should post something dedicated to her. #3 is Poor Brother. I say poor brother because he is the only boy sandwiched in between 4 girls, and he always thought he deserves special pity for it. You can see I feel thoroughly sorry for him.

2. I am a HUGE Disney fan. I want to go to Disney World some day, but until then, I will just watch the commercials and dream. It's been a couple years since I've been to D-Land, and I'm thinking I'm about due for another trip.

3. I have now lost a little over 60 lbs in a year. Still working at it...still trying. I have about 15 lbs to go. It's very cool. I don't necessarily do well with compliments, but it does feel pretty good when people call me skinny.

4. I can sing. Yikes, I don't admit to that very often because people will then ask me to show them. Whatever... like I'm auditioning on some sort of Star Search (oh wait, just dated myself, I meant to say American Idol). I sing in church, and used to perform for a living, I have even been known to knock a few people down in random Karaoke performances.

5. I am way too involved with Boy Scouts of America. I have recently agreed to take on the role of Committee Chair for our troop. I love these kids, and want to give them a great program. The previous chair is stepping down due to just needing a bit of a break. Quick...someone get the eraser and take "SUCKER" off my forehead.

6. I'm technically challenged. I have friends and family who buy me technical gadgets and I am too embarrassed to tell them I don't know how to work it. When I read some technical blogs, I get really confused and afraid to leave a comment in fear of being laughed at (and not with).

7. I am preparing for my annual Relay for Life, for the American Cancer Society. I've participated in it for the last 6 years, in honor of my Dad. It's a 24-hour event that raises money for cancer research (oh yeah, Grandy moves from one mission to another). I'll have to do a post about it, but you can visit my personal page here.

Now for the tagging...

eastcoastlife - You will have to post about something other than buns and feet. :)
Joyce-Anne - I don't know if you have a blog...I haven't found you, but I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting, I'd like to learn more about you. Tell me how to find you.
Theresa Komor - You'll have to tell me which of your blogs you'll be posting this on.
Malone! - Because I can never learn too much about you my friend.
mysecondjournal - I'm sure you can come up with something on these 7. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
glam - I know it may not fit your awesome fashion blog, but you have others. Let me know if you decide to play, and where you're playing. :)
Dirty Laundry Diva - Oh yeah, the trials and tribulations of your NewscasterHottie, and crazy people in your life...I can't wait to see what you share. :)

Anyone else want to play? Feel Free!! Just make sure you leave a comment to let me know so I can come check it out.

How many of you nuts are still part of the Blog365? Need a topic to blog about??

23 comments:

Joyce-Anne said...

I'm sorry Grandy, I don't have a blog... yet... My three little ones (6 and under) don't leave me too much free time to comment let alone blog. :-( So, any ideas on how I can play?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I should have signed up for
Blog365--I've posted every day since I started. Honestly, I am starting to feel a bit pressured.

If you make it down to San Diego to visit your sis, you have to give me a call!

Amy said...

Hey woman, I didn't know you were a twin!! (I feel bad for Poor Brother.)

Nice to have found your blog again. I thought I lost you in the Great Laptop Crash of 2008.

Jennifer S said...

Wow, one boy among 4 girls.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Very cool, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Jenn said - there are bloggers here in San Diego who would love to meet you!

Mrs. F said...

Yay! You did it!

We are going to D-land in October. Wanna join the 15 of us? 10/27 thru 10/29. 'Twill be good times.

Dens said...

Wow Mar, almost 60lbs..I'm so proud of you!!

We need to discuss D-Land...been trying to get Michael to take me...hmmm...do I see a road trip in our future??? You know we'd have the best time...just us 2 Disney freaks!!

Tina Coruth said...

Grandy,

Congratulations on your weight loss!

You can sing - lucky you! I love to sing, but "sing" is not the word anyone within the sound of my voice would use. LOL

I enjoyed your meme.

Tina

Nanci's Foibles said...

My blog is back-burner or bottom of the list lately- talked about technically challenged, I have no idea how to link others into a blog. I'm sure I can figure it out, with time- but whose got it? I need to count the pool profit from the fourth and clean a room or two. If I get my homework done, I should try and figure it out.... it's always nice to learn something new!

Travis Cody said...

I shall paraphrase my stepdad here regarding your sibling situation.

He comes from a family of 6, 3 boys and 3 girls, and he always says he's jealous of his sisters because they have more brothers than he does, but then he feels better about that because he has more sisters than they do.

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Grandy,congrats on the weight loss.
I have more sisters that my sisters have brothers!

Unknown said...

Yikes! I'm the first one to say I've answered your call to Meme? Uh oh...

A Bumpy Path

We should sing together some time!

Grandy said...

Joyce-anne~ You can play by listing 7 things about you here... In the comments. :)

Jenn~ DONE!! I'm so going to call!! I've been promising to get down there for over a year. I have to soon.

AMY~ I'VE SO MISSED YOU!! I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong when going to your sites. I must go find out what you've been up to.

Jennifer~ Thanks so much!! I kinda don't talk about it until I hit a milestone.

Trees~ ALL OVER THAT!! Now I HAVE to come. :)

Mrs. F~ Me...in D-Land...with 15 people I don't know? It's been done before. ;)

Dens~ Hey...the boys get their Scout camps...why not?

Tina~ It's good to see you. Like your new pic.

Malone!~ I know how busy you are toots! Let me know if I can help you with the linkage love. I'm getting pretty good at it.

Travis~ You almost confused me... Almost. ;)

Mike~ Thanks!! Lucky you!! :)

Theresa~ I'm on my way to check it out.

Anonymous said...

You GO for losing 60 pounds! That is AMAZING!!! And I love Disney too. You need to go to Disneyworld. It's so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

You KNOW I've got 7 things. If I have time I'll do it tomorrow..I had an old people post stuck in my head from last night that I had to spit out.
I've never been to Disney Land but was at Disney World about 15 years ago.. Now that we have our time share I'm sure we'll go back in the next couple years. LOVE IT.
Poor Brother..YEAH..I think so.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you really need to post yourself singing...Pretty Pleeeeeeeaaase

Dirty Laundry Diva said...

I am working on my 7 juicy facts right now... How deliciously entertaining, what insanity can I share? Hrm...

Anonymous said...

Wow, Grandy.....60# is a VERY big deal! Congrats, of course! *waving shredded pom poms*

As to the meme, I've decided to do memes on Art Journal, since that is really my very own, very personal blog, lol. I'll probably post it by tomorrow morning. :)

Joyce-Anne said...

Ok, here are 7 things about me:

1. I am the second oldest of 4 girls and as of now I'm the only sister who has children (2 girls and 1 boy).

2. I've been to Canada, Mexico, Finland and Russia. I actually studied Russian (for 1 year) in college.

3. I am friends with Suzanne of Suzannesez. In fact, we knew each other in high school.

4. I love to cook for people who like to eat. I'm not the best cook in the world, I just enjoy making meals for people who like food. My husband and brother-in-law are my favorite people to cook for. :-)

5. I am a professional singer. Yup! They pay me to do something I love to do. Don't get too excited -I mostly sing for wedding ceremonies at churches, so it's not a glamour job. But, it's part time and allows me to raise my children full time.

6. Before I became a wife and mother, I was a paralegal who specialized in appellate work. I took the attorney's raw documentation and prepared it for Court acceptance. I still remember many of the various courts' rules and regulations. (Scary!)

7. I finally learned how to do on-line banking 6 months ago and now I wonder how I ever lived without it! The techie I am not.

eastcoastlife said...

Thanks for the tag, grandy. I will do it... am trying to find a slot for it.

I'm running for my nation's Most Entertaining Post and I'm a finalist. I have until the end of July to post as many interesting articles as possible in order to beat the crap outta my competitors. Please understand if I don't post sooner.

I'll make it worth your wait. Promise - no buns and feet. haha....

eastcoastlife said...

Congrats on losing 60lbs! How do you do that!? I need to lose 18 lbs and I'm struggling. You can give me tips at

eastcoastlife55 (at) hotmail dot com

:)

Grandy said...

April~ Yeah, but you had your honeymoon there. You were destined for more fun there. :)

MP~ I KNOW you have AT LEAST 7 things. That's why I invited you to play.

Diva~ I can't wait to see what juice you come up with.

Chris~ HAHA!! You're assuming I would know HOW to do that?

Glam~ Do I know how to find Art Journal? There wasn't a link, but I'll check that on entrecard as well.

Joyce-Anne~ AWESOME!! You came by way of Suzanne, who I often visit. She too loves to cook. We have quite a bit in common!!

ECL~ I so understand the pressure you're under, although I don't think you give yourself enough credit for being entertaining on your own...without the feet. ;)

storyteller said...

Sorry … after more than 500 posts and my 101 Things … there’s NOTHING ‘gnu’ about me to share … period! If anyone wants to know anything, just pick a post at random and enjoy ;--)
Hugs and blessings,