Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Getting to know Grandy

Do you ever get these emails? Your friend sends you an email that lists a ton of questions to answer. It's usually fun to learn something about your friends.

Well, rather than send this email to a gazillion people in my address book (ok, maybe 10) I thought I would post my answers here. It's not a meme, so I don't "expect" you to participate.

What I will ask you to do is take a question from this list and answer it in the comments.


1. What time did you get up this morning? 4am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Meet Dave - it wasn't bad
4. What is your favorite TV show? CSI New York
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Yogurt
6. What is your middle name? Antoinette - Shut.Up.
7. What food do you dislike? Beets - What kind of vegetable stains things just by touching it?
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Today, the new Alannis Morisette
9. What time is it right now? 10:00pm - Time for Bed
10. Favorite sandwich? PB&J on White Bread - haven't had in ages...but love it with milk
11. What characteristic do you dislike in people? Arrogance
12. Favorite item of clothing? Hoodie Sweatshirts
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Australia ::sigh:: Someday...
14. Where would you retire to? My bedroom
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Was I supposed to remember my birthday?
16. Furthest place you are sending this? The World Wide Web
17. Person Blogger you expect to send it back first? Mike Golch
18. When is your birthday? April 22
19. Morning person or a night person? NIGHT!!!
20. Pets? 1 cat, 2 dogs, 3 fish (oh wait...make that 2, we just lost a 7 year old feeder goldfish...he had to be a mutant to live so long but his brother is still here too)
21. Exciting news? I had a big win on a case today.
22. What did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be one of Charlie's Angels
23. How are you today? I'm good, and you?
24. What is your favorite flower? Pretty Ones
25. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? August 5 - CRUEFEST
26. What are you listening to right now? See #8
27. What was the last thing you ate? Protein bar
28. Do you wish on stars? I never catch them in time.
29. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Lavender
30. How is the weather right now? Beautiful Top Down weather
31. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Hubby
32. Favorite soft drink? Don't drink sodas anymore. Propel is my drink of choice now.
33. Favorite restaurant? Taro's Sushi
34. Hair color? Brown
35. What was your favorite toy as a child? Simon
36. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
37. Coffee or tea? What category is a Skinny Caramel Macchiato??
38. Do you want your friends to email blog you back? Yes! - But I don't expect it.
39. When was the last time you cried? Last Monday...that was sucky.
40. What is under your bed? Dog hair
41. What did you do last night? Read blogs and cleaned emails.
42. What are you afraid of? Heights
43. Salty or sweet? BOTH!! Hey...who doesn't like toffee peanuts?
44. How many keys on your key ring? 4
45. How many years at your current job? 5 - 13 years in same industry
46. Favorite day of the week? Friday
47. Do you make friends easily? I think so
48. How many people will you send this to? How many read my blog? Oh...at least 10 of you.
49. How many will respond? Nada - I understand
50. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yep

So...who wants to play???

20 comments:

Mike Golch said...

maybe some of thes I'll do,actually if I would print out this list I'd do them all.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Toffee peanuts--my fave. The Nature Valley Sweet/Salty granola bar is a good substitute.

Mrs. F said...

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Cerulean.

Anonymous said...

My birthday is November 10th.
For that salty sweet fix..I dump peanut M&M's in my popcorn at the movie theater..YUM
Last night I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Laughed my ass off.

Suzanne said...

Toffee Peanuts? Where can you get those, because they sound awesome.

I'll answer a few, these things are fun.

2. Diamonds, but I have more pearls (inherited)
3.Arthur and the Invisibles
4. Good Eats
7. Eggs, but use them with other ingredients
10. Roast beef on garlic bread with melted cheese. Yum.
11. Phony-ness.
12. Crocs
19. Night!

Matthew S. Urdan said...

#3, last film I saw: Mamma Mia!

Joyce-Anne said...

All this talk about food is making me hungry! :-)

Meanwhile, like Suzanne, I'll answer a few...
1. 7:24 am
2. Diamonds! (of course, a girl's best friend)
3. Wall E
11. arrogance
18. April 28
36. chocolate

Anonymous said...

Antoinette??!!!

Oh, right. Shutting.Up.

signed,
Louise (see, there is always someone out there with a worse one!)

Mrs. G. said...

I have cat hair under my bed, and I HATE beets too.

Anonymous said...

I love reading memes and questionaires but I'm terrible at answering them...

Anonymous said...

I will play... taking a mental health day at the desk.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 545am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? WALL-E
4. What is your favorite TV show? Deadliest Catch
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Oatmeal..yumm.
6. What is your middle name? Guadalupe.
7. What food do you dislike? Beets - Eggs but i am learning to try them, disguised.
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? don't have one
9. What time is it right now? 641pm
10. Favorite sandwich? Dry Salami and bread
11. What characteristic do you dislike in people? being rude for no reason
12. Favorite item of clothing? shorts
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Alaska
14. Where would you retire to? Anywhere by the beach
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? umm my 18th
16. Furthest place you are sending this? Functional Schmunctional land
17. Person Blogger you expect to send it back first? n/a
18. When is your birthday? Jan 3
19. Morning person or a night person? NIGHT!!!
20. Pets? No..does my hubby count.. oh sorry you weren't talking about pests.
21. Exciting news? can't think of anything.
22. What did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be a teacher
23. How are you today? alright
24. What is your favorite flower? carnations
25. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Nov 2nd, my baby will be 7.
26. What are you listening to right now? Office noise
27. What was the last thing you ate? a chocolate candy from someones desk.
28. Do you wish on stars? No just think about it.
29. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? the mixed up melted ones we find in the backseat of our cars.
30. How is the weather right now? Beautiful
31. Last person you spoke to on the phone? a probationer
32. Favorite soft drink? I drink Tea
33. Favorite restaurant? El Novelleros
34. Hair color? Brown
35. What was your favorite toy as a child? Green tonka truck dump truck
36. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
37. Coffee or tea? I already said Tea
38. Do you want your friends to email blog you back? N/A
39. When was the last time you cried? Today, went to funeral.
40. What is under your bed? Bill's shoes
41. What did you do last night? Went running.
42. What are you afraid of? Losing Nana
43. Salty or sweet? Sweet

44. How many keys on your key ring? 4
45. How many years at your current job? 9
46. Favorite day of the wee?Friday
47. Do you make friends easily? yes
48. How many people will you send this to? 1
49. How many will respond? N/A
50. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yep

Unknown said...

Chocolate is the best! What is under my bed? Half the pile of books that used to be beside the bed until the dogs knocked it over! Sigh.

Momisodes said...

4am!? Good grief woman. That's when the sweet REM sleep kicks in ;)

"What is your favorite flower? Pretty Ones"--ROFL!!!

Congrats on the big win :)

Loved reading this list GRandy!

Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Grandy,

I enjoyed reading your answers. Let me see, my middle name is as bad as yours: Serena. My vacation choice would be the Galapagos Islands! I may have that spelled wrong, but you know, the place with all the unusual animals. I have both cat and dog hair under my bed, and beets are yucky!

Well, enough of that. I'm glad I popped on over. I always enjoy reading funny and clever blogs.

Have a great week, Lady!

Renie

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight. Your name is Mary Antoinette??? Or is 'Mary' your internet name? wow.

My middle name is fairly harmless - Michele.

26. What are you listening to right now? Gab snoring on my chest as I peck out this comment. :-)

Grandy said...

Mike~ Let me know if you end up posting it.

Jenn~ Hmmm...I'll have to check that out.

Mrs. F~ Is Cerulean a color? Sounds like a Star Trek breed.

MP~ I wanna see that movie. My old roommate used to do the popcorn/ M&M thing too.

Suzanne~ Do they not sell Peanuttles in Florida? I MUST send you some!

Matthew~ Jealous! Can't wait to see that one.

Joyce-Anne~ Yet more in common.

Tree~ Louise is my sister's middle name (not twin...another sis).

Mrs. G~ Cat lives in Ty's room...that's where her hair lives.

Grandy said...

Chris~ Well, there's no pressure from me, my friend. I'm just glad you stop by.

Hasta~ Um...Girlfriend...Who's frickin funeral was it? Thanks for playing.

Theresa~ I had to re-read that (I'm tired) and I thought you had the chocolate under your bed.

Sandy~ Glad I gave you a smile today. :)

Renie~ Thanks so much for your kind words. Good to see you!

Curb~ DUH!! Grandy is my internet name. ;) No...twin sister's middle name is Marie, so I guess if you put us together you get Marie Antoinette.

dkuroiwa said...

Okay..I'll play a few...
2. Diamonds or pearls?...But can't I have both?!?!? puh-leeeeease!
7. What food do you dislike? change that to "hate" and my answer would be boiled and fried eggs! blech!
29. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? magenta

ooh...toffee peanuts...problem is, can't stop once I start, ergo...never buy them!!! to dangerous!!!

storyteller said...

Diamonds for me … definitely! I’ve given up soda for water myself, but I still enjoy coffee and I want my Caramel Macchiato ‘the real thing’. Love your response of ‘bedroom’ to where you want to retire and there’s dog hair everywhere in my house except under the bed (Molly’s not allowed upstairs and there IS no ‘under’ the bed) … but 50 is way too many questions for me to handle on any given day. Congrats on the ‘win’ …

If you’d like to be ‘tagged’ for simple and easy … drop by Small Reflections and volunteer for the NEEDS meme.
Hugs and blessings,

Grandy said...

dk~ Yeah I get that not buying them is better.

storyteller~ I'll have to go check out the meme. Thanks for stopping by. :)