Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In Local News...

As Grandy was driving, she heard a news story on the radio that caught her attention.

"Modesto man hospitalized for a bad case of mistaken identity. Gang members stab wrong man."

??? - Grandy thought to herself.

The story went on to report the following:

Four men broke into a man's home, beat him, and stabbed him in the back. Then the men realized they had the wrong person. They apologized, offered to take him to the hospital, and left. The reporter states they even hugged his wife, apologized, and left.

WTF??? Seriously people!?!

Is it ever the right house?

I decided to follow up on the story here and learned that some of the facts were a little off, as they don't state anything about a wife, or an offer to take him to the hospital.

But it got me thinking...I haven't heard a local stupid story in a while. Granted, this isn't the next town over from me, it's more like a few hours away, but geesh!! I need to read more of the local news I guess.

Why couldn't they have just done what this dumbass crazy guy did here (not a local story). All he did was break in to a woman's home, tear down drapes, and growl at her. Growl? At least she didn't end up in the hospital, unless he had some helacious bad breath.


People are NUTS!!!


Maybe Grandy should just go back to putting my head back in the sand. It was safer there.



So... What about you?

Any local dumbass intellectually challenged crook stories where you live?

Please share...

20 comments:

Tina Coruth said...

Grandy,

The topper for us happened about a year ago. A branch of Citizens Bank on Elm Street was robbed by a man who "disguised" himself by taping tree branches to his head, complete with leaves! He didn't do a very good job, the camera got a very good shot of his face where he had left a space to see. He was arrested the next day. LOL

Tina

Anonymous said...

We don't have anything right now..our local news is totally revovling around the Anheuser Busch buyout..it's like at least one of every person in our city knows..or is related to an employee..BIG news.

Oh..and Slobo died. If you watched indoor soccer in the 80's you would know him.

Anonymous said...

I'm begging to subscribe ti the see no hear no speak no idea my self!
Hugs and blessing headed your way Grandy!
That's my story and you can bet I'm sticking to it!

Anonymous said...

Do you read the annual Darwin Awards? http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2008.html

They're always good for rooting out the truly stupid among us.

Anonymous said...

This is exactly why I try to avoid the news. People ARE crazy, and if I pay attention to this stuff then I never want to talk to anyone for fear they are one of the nutters. It's a whole lot easier for me to remain ignorant but friendly.

Anonymous said...

Grandy, I have a "goodie" for you on my wordpress site. so comeon down and collect it. Hugs and Blessings.
One more thing you gotta pass it around as I did. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Jennifer S said...

C'mon, they apologized.

(Crazy story.)

j said...

Here by way of Mike. Congratulations on the award. I don't have any interesting news stories because I have basically quit listening. Head in the sand.

Jen

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You had the perfect comment--is it ever the right house? What are people thinking?

Momisodes said...

Whoa....that is just insane.

"Is it ever the right house?" - WORD!

No crazy stories here lately...that I know of. However I'm sure the loonies are always out in full force.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any stories like that, but I tend to keep my head in the sand. So you live near Modesto? I grew up near there in Santa Clara.

jess said...

just checkin in...i read often, but don't always have time to comment.

xoxo

p.s. no dumb crook stories that i can think of right now...

Renie Burghardt said...

Hey there, Grandy,

I don't think I can top your story!

Thanks for visiting. Been a while, lady.

Hugs,

Renie

krissy said...

How about a cop that swears he was shot at because his window was broken even though all the neighborhood didn't hear a damn thing, and there isn't any evidence of a bullet. Hmmm....maybe the truck that drove past him kicked up a rock and broke the window????

Now the cop feels like a heel and is still insisting that he was shot at. So, he is personally awarding anyone with information. What a shithead!!!

So, when are you going to take my challenge? Check out my post today to understand it a little more.

Joyce-Anne said...

Seriously, I prefer my head in the sand where "the news" is concerned.

Grandy said...

Tina~ Wow! That is dumb!

MP~ Don't think I watched indoor soccer... ever. ;)

Mike~ Hugs back atcha Mike!

XUP~ Oh yes...good ol' Darwin Awards. I had forgotten about those.

Luckygirl~ Yes...avoid the NUTTERS!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Jennifer~ I know... "I said I was SORRY!! GEESSSHHH!"

Grandy said...

Jennifer~ Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Welcome to the sandbox.

Jenn~ They don't think...that's the problem.

Sandy~ WORD! Haven't heard that (or read it either) in some time. :)

Vixen~ I live outside Sacramento.

Jess~ Yeah!! Jess is one of my lurkers!!!! I <3 Jess!!!

Renie~ I'm sorry it's been so long. I've missed you too.

Krissy~ U A Crazy Cracka!! I'll have to go see what your challenge is.

Joyce-Anne~ Me too!!

Anonymous said...

well, we have Congress here in DC. there's got to be loads of fodder there ;-)

storyteller said...

Somehow I missed this bit of cRaZiNeSs until today. What a strange world out there … Methinks I must have my head in the sand … but I’m trying to come up for air and visit a few bloggers to remember why I do this this thing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Grandy said...

wreke~ Loads indeed!

storyteller~ I think I want to go back into the sand now. ;)