Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

We make you eat your vegetables, only so you'll stay healthy.
We give you chores, to teach you a work ethic.
We ask that you keep your grades up, because we know you can.
We ask you to clean your rooms, because we frankly don't want to hurt ourselves or end up gagging over a plate of food that's 3 weeks old.

What you may not realize is...

When you are nervous about a test, so are we.
When you are heartbroken with your first "break-up", so are we.
When you feel joy at finishing that project, so do we.

Being a mom is the best job in the whole world. We wouldn't trade it for anything. Thank goodness this is a job we never get to retire from.

I learned what I know about being a mom, from my Mom and doing what I thought made sense. What makes sense to me doesn't always make sense to you, but I hope it might someday.

Thank you to all my moms who have influenced my life, and is playing a role in my son's life. It truly does take a village, and I have the best village around.

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom...and THANK YOU for giving me a GREAT gig to my son!! LOVE YOU!!


No comments: