Friday, September 18, 2009

Grandy has a date!!

Grandy never quite got into the whole fraternity/sorority thing in college. Most of the time, they bored me. I must have been too serious then. In fact, in the whole time I was there, I only went to one football game. That says a lot, considering the fact that for one year I lived across from the stadium. I just had other things going on all the time, even though I really liked football.

It's funny how some things change.

Today Grandy has a DATE with her son. She's pulling him out of school early (does the principal read this blog?) and we're going down to the biggest game of the year tonight at my alma mater. He absolutely loves football, and has been obsessed with it since I took him to a game four years ago. Watching him get excited about the game, and my old school, has given me a renewed energy about my old school.

So, we're driving 3 1/2 hours to get to the game, going to have a blast (even though we will lose), staying at my brother's, then turning around to come back in time for his own game tomorrow. It will be tiring...but so worth it.

I don't know that my weekend will slow down at all by Sunday, but I promise, I'll blog more next week folks. So much going on, that I cannot share here, but always a story in my head for you all.

See you at the game!!

4 comments:

Kelly O said...

That sounds awesome, have fun!

Joyce-Anne said...

Awww! Have a great time! I can't wait to hear about the weekend.

Jen said...

I hope you had a great time!

Grandy said...

Kelly~ We did!

Joyce-Anne~ It was quite full, I assure you.

Jen~ It was a blast!! He's my best date ever. ;)