Sunday, January 20, 2008

To Pick Just 7 is Difficult

I have been tagged for a couple meme's. Today I will devote to Suzanne who has tagged me for a meme "Tagged!" where I'm supposed to share 7 random and/or weird things about myself. Just 7? Is that all? How does Grandy narrow such a thing down?? Not sure...I'll give it a shot.

Here is how it works:
  1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. - Check
  2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself. - About to Check
  3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. - 7? What if I have 7 people who are sick of doing meme's? I'll have to be creative about this.
  4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. - Ok...as soon as I come up with the 7...my brain can think of 3 so far.

Here goes nothing...


1. I dig musicals!!
- Not sure this gets more random, but you asked. When my boys are gone and I have the house to myself (such as today) I turn on the XM channel on my satellite and listen to the "Broadway Channel". I dig how I can get random music from Pirates of Penzance, bounce over to Assassins, Cabaret, and then get an original recording from Oklahoma. Ethel Merman singing something from Gypsy never hurt anyone either.


2. PB&J on Crackers ROCKS!!
- Not sure if this fits in the category of weird or random...maybe both. Snacking on it right now...Yummy!!!


3. Like
Mrs. G., I have secret boyfriends - Without going into too many specifics, and in fear that some of you will steal, I will reveal one. Antonio Banderas...how does so much sexiness fit into one man?? And he SINGS!! See the musical thing above. Be still my beating heart!!!


4. I am a recently recovering carbonation addict
- I know there could be worse addictions, and it's not the sugary sodas I'm talking about. It's the diet sodas, sparkling waters, sugar-free energy drinks, etc. For health reasons, I've recently had to give up all things carbonated. SUCK!! I love me some sugar-free peach soda!! I had a pity party for a few days, binged, and got over myself. I'm now 10 days without carbonation. :D


5. I have funny nails
- Oh yea, people get their nails done and get them looking elegant and pretty. Mine are flashy and fun. I get the special powder that has all things glittery and sparkly, and have that put on my tips. Like a french manicure, but with (as they are now) blue sparkly tips. It's a weird thing I like to do because it's fun.


6. I once grabbed the wrong man's a$$
- Yep...I was at a restaurant with a salad bar. My then boyfriend had gone up to the salad bar, and when I went up there I smacked this hottie on the butt (oh yea, I grabbed hold). Of course I thought it was my boyfriend, who, at that exact moment called my name from the OTHER side of the salad bar. oops!! HI!!


7. My first job was working at Orange Julius
- Oh yea, the early smoothie rage began there. I ultimately left due to "creative differences", and something to do with the fact that they were afraid because their 20 year old son liked me...I was 15. Oh well!!


Now for the tagging! While trying to narrow my weirdness down to just 7 things, I've decided to tag 7 newbies. Yep, 7 people who are still relatively new to this blogging thing, and perhaps we could all stand to learn of these folks.

  1. Dens at Black cats R lucky - This is my girlfriend from high school who recently started her own blog. Go check her out...she's about as "random" as they come.
  2. Mike Golch at rambling stuff - The title of his site alone should lend for some interesting randomness.
  3. Melissa at Part Of Everything - This little lady started about the same time as I did, but I don't recall if she's had her meme on. I'd love to hear some random weirdness from her.
  4. http://jugglinglife.typepad.com/juggling_life/ - She is a great new blogger that I was introduced to recently. Her way with words will amuse you.
  5. krissy at either Firecracker Mom! or If I only had a brain!!!!! - If cracking up is a talent, this woman must be seen.
  6. Now this one may not be new, but new to you, but I have to tag beautiful faboo at faboo mama as she will have some great random comments.
  7. "Anonymous" - There are lots of you that lurk out there, stop and read, and don't let me know that you've been here. For those of you who have not yet "de-lurked" please be advised you have officially been tagged!!! Let me know where to find you at your meme.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will begin thinking about this as soon as I recover from the sorrow of my beloved Chargers losing to the Patriots! Oh well, they get a little further every year.

faboo mama said...

Darn you! I'll have to think of 7 people that will not only do this, but haven't already done this.

And I'm so not a newbie...I've been blogging since mid '02. faboo mama is one of 8 blogs that I started and one of 4 that I run currently!

Mrs. G. said...

We have so much in common. I am a slave to musicals and I am addicted to sparkling water--the flavorless kind. Don't worry I'll leave Antonia alone.

krissy said...

Great blog...your visited my blog once but I now have a new blog....www.firecrackermomma.blogspot.com. Come visit again!

Nora said...

Yum...peanut butter and crackers....

krissy said...

You are a love.....

I will try to do the 7 questions but I don't have 7 blog friends....I'll try.

Love your blog....I'll be back again, again and again!

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Grandy,
"THANK YOU" for stopping by the other day. It was a busy weekend and I didn't post or do any commenting. I did do a new post this morning. I think that was what I was doing when you dropped by. I enjoyed reading your 7 things Meme. I love PB&J on crackers as well. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Mike Golch said...

Thanks for tagging me! now if I could just return the favor it would be great,but than again I did add you to my blog roll!

Dens said...

Thanks Mar...so is this my punishment for not keeping in touch as often as I should?? heheh...okay so I'm all new to this blog stuff..so until I locate a copy of "Blogging for dummies" I will need all the assistance I can get in tagging, linking...and what does "meme" mean??

I also don't have 7 blog friends so I will do my best...

You know I love ya!!

faboo mama said...

Here's you're stinking meme/ :)

Renie Burghardt said...

Funny meme. And Faboo is funny as well! Haha.

Renie

Melissa said...

Done! :)

Grandy said...

Jen~ I'm sorry for your loss...I had to call my sister and pay my respects (rub it in) with her as well.

Faboo~ Lady!! With your blog roll, you have GOT to be able to come up with 7 people!!

Mrs. G~ Thank you, Mrs. G., for respecting my one Secret Boyfriend.

Krissy~ Ha!! You have a kickin blog over at firecracker momma! I posted both your sites cause I thought maybe you were just behind on the other.

Nora Bee~ Yummmmmmm

Krissy (part 2)~ The trick is to try and find 7 other people!! Especially if they're new, that's how people get to know others.

Grandy said...

Karen~ I hope you had a good weekend off!! I'll have to go read about it.

Mike~ Well thanks for the roll!!

Dens~ Punishment?? Mwuahaha!!!!

Faboo~ What an awesome job you did too!!

Renie~ Thanks for stopping by! You're right...Faboo is a hoot!

Melissa~ I'll have to come check it out!!

Dens said...

thanks for the help...I'll get it done soon...

Dens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina Coruth said...

Grandy,

I love musicals and I absolutely cannot promise to leave Antonio Banderas alone!! LOL

Tina

Anonymous said...

What an awesome job you did too Renie Thanks for stopping by You're right Faboo is a hoot

Grandy said...

Thanks Sanjay! And thanks for stopping by. :)