One of my blogging buds, whom I truly admire, over at Derfwad Manor recently did a great post(okay, I really <3 all of her posts) but this one made me think.
What's that? Yes, Grandy does think...On occasion...when there's nothing else to do...and only until it hurts.
Why Mrs. G Could Never Run for Office is a good reminder that although people shouldn't be, they are quite often judged by who they associate with. She specifically was referring to the comparisons between Obama and the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, and how those might translate to her and her Grandmother.
To Mrs. G I say, MRS. G FOR PRESIDENT!! THIS COUNTRY COULD USE A DIFFERENT DERFWAD!!!
Alrighty, Grandy is digressing again.
Anywho...this got me to think...there are way more reasons the Grandy name won't be gracing the inside of the White House any time soon, and it's not because of my dear Grandmother. Oh, and if Gopher (Fred Grandy) happens to catch my blog, I know you may have had aspirations for that, with being a Congressman and all, but um...well...sorry.
So, without further ado, here are 6 reasons why Grandy could run for office but would never win.
1) Grandy says what she thinks too much. - I know this surprises all of you to no end. But really, my diplomacy can only go so far. I don't get into discussing politics or religion too much on this blog because I was always told those are two subjects that are not polite to discuss in public. But believe me, I have opinions.
2) Grandy has a... (are you ready for this?)... a... PAST! - There!!! I admit it... There might have been a couple of times where I made poor choices. Maybe more than a couple? Okay 3, but that's it. Maybe just 4...or 40. You get my point. Who doesn't have skeletons in their closet...sleeping with other skeletons. (Oh, is that just my closet?)
3) Grandy doesn't want to watch herself on SNL - Seriously? Could Amy Pohler still do me? Or maybe the smart & cute Tina Fey could come back, host the show, and play Grandy. Ok...maybe I'll take this off the list.
4) Grandy doesn't SUCK UP!! - No really...Remember my top reason up there? That say what I think thing? Do you really think someone who tells the CEO of a large company that she thought "Upper management needed to stop catering to the wah wah's of middle management" is really going to score well with those campaign contributors? I'm thinkin' Nahhhhh!!
5) Grandy hates telemarketers! - Look, we've all had our share of bad jobs. I even did my stint as a Kirby telemarketer when I was 18. Secretly, I think I just liked saying Electrolux (because it rhymes with s***s). But what's with the politicians getting the word out on our phones now? Do they really think that in today's society, we're not going to know who they are?? As a side note, Ty thought it was awesome when we were getting calls from "The Terminator".
6) Grandy doesn't care. - Now, this statement could easily be mis-interpreted in many ways. It's not that she doesn't care about the world, the environment, society, our schools, our children, etc. It's that she doesn't care whether or not you agree with her thoughts on the world, the environment, society, our schools, etc. She doesn't care if you think she should dress differently, wear a different shade of lipstick, fix my hair another way, or wear skirts instead of pants.
I'm so sorry if this means my son doesn't have a chance either...something about that past thing... but look, with these things on my resume, would you still vote for Grandy?