Well the next day after that post, everything came to a head for Grandy. She called the doctor and got an appointment first thing. The little guy Grandy also had injured himself while snowboarding with the scouts on Saturday, and his knee was looking worse. So Grandy also called and got an appointment for him that afternoon.
Here's how the day transpired after that...
- Fubby (new nickname for Hubby for the last 10 months that stands for F-N Hubby) has to drive Grandy to the 10:00 doctor's appointment.
- Pain so bad for Grandy that tears are coming down.
- Doctor takes one look at Grandy and tells Fubby to get me to the hospital, they will do emergency surgery that afternoon.
"We stand a 50% chance of fixing it this time," the doctor says.
"Ummm...what about that other 50%?" I ask.
"We'll worry about that after" he says, with a crazy look on his face as he speaks only to Fubby.
- Fubby drives Grandy to the Hospital, where nice people are waiting for me with pain meds. They all remembered me from my surgery 2 weeks ago...which helped.
- Grandy calls the office (fully medicated) and tells everyone she won't be in for a few days.
- Medications roll...Fubby leaves the hospital to go pick up Little Guy Grandy from school 20 miles away, so he can be back in time to see the doctor before surgery.
- Fubby & Ty make it back just in time to meet the staff rushing me in.
- Nite Nite Grandy
- Fubby takes Ty to the doctor, where they send him for x-rays.
- Grandy has sweet friend working recovery that day, taking very good care of her.
- Fubby & Ty (now on crutches) return to hospital in time to meet Grandy on her way to her way to her room.
"WHAT? You're keeping her?" Fubby asks.
- Doctor shows Fubby & Ty the stones he removed. The largest of them is the size of Fubby's pinky tip. The smallest was the size of his finger nail.
"Nevermind." Fubby says.
Grandy proceeds to pass several more stones through the course of the next couple days and
- Several more appointments for Ty are sprinkled in over the next couple days because they're worried about a blood clot, among other things.
Needless to say, Fubby handled it all in stride. My pain, Ty's pain (which now looks to be a slight tear of the ACL), and all the fun that goes with it.
Thank goodness this week is behind us. Thank goodness the stones are out of me.
THANK GOODNESS WE'RE DONE!!!!