Thursday, August 16, 2012

Grandy-Cranky-Isms

Grandy is CRANKY!!  Foul foul mood indeed.  I want to put myself in time-out.

A clear sign that Grandy needs a time-out is when the following conversations take place:

Him #1:  When you're done typing away over there, come see me.
Me:  Well since I have enough work to last me 3 years, I am guessing you might forget what you wanted to tell me by then so...tell me now.

Me: Do you have time to do this today?  I need it ASAP.
Her: Could you tell me what my deadline is?
Me:  How do I translate ASAP into minutes again?

Him#2: Please tell her I will be attending.
Me:  I did. In the email you actually responded to.
Him#2: Oh, I must not have actually read it all.
Me:  SHOCKING!!

Me:  I haven't heard from you responding to my email requests.
Schmuck#1:  How long have you been trying?
Me:  6 weeks
Schmuck#1: Ohhhh...yeahhhhh...ya see.  We have been real busy and short staffed.  Could you send me another email?
Me:  And what should I put on THIS email that would trigger a response?
Schmuck#1:  How about URGENT?
Me:  How about "Bad Faith Lawsuit Pending"...will that work?

As I re-live these moments to share them here, I giggle.  I suppose I am not ready to be completely committed just yet, because as long  as I can still find the humor (regardless of if I can laugh at the time or not) I might still have a fighting chance.

Xanax anyone??  :-)

1 comment:

debrakathleen said...

I have a question to ask you. I've been dropping in off and on for a couple of years, enjoying your blog. We are of a similar age, and I find that I identify with a lot of what you write about. I'm not a 'commenter', I suppose, but today I want to ask a favor, once is a life time? I'm on Indiegogo with my daughter and sister to raise funds to bury my nephew who died recently in a one car crash. His parents and only brother cannot afford to bury him and I am trying to help. The site is http://Indiegogo.com/PuttingCWtoRest. If you could mention this to your readers, it would be great, but if you can't, I understand. I'm trying to initiate some interest in our campaign and don't have the first idea how. We have some 'perks' as they are called, so don't want something for nothing. We are in this for a week and have raised 1350.00 and need at least 8000.00. I decided the worst that could happen is that you would say 'no.' Thank you.