Monday, August 23, 2010

Let's Recap...

Today Grandy took a bold step in the office. She's prepared to take her career to that next level, and isn't going to let little petty insecure people try to manipulate her.

Step 1: Grandy participated in a great class that explained a lot last week. - WIN

Step 2: Grandy had some words with one of the more "seasoned" professionals (and when I say "seasoned" I definitely mean he has more salt mixed in with his pepper on the hair he has left). Rather than play the old Grandy, and curse him out, there was a diplomatic response and I walked away.

Step 3: Grandy followed up later in the week with same putz seasoned man via email and said, "Perhaps we should discuss this further".

Step 4: Grandy scheduled an appointment with said putz.

Step 5: Grandy met with same putz and had a frank discussion about his a-hole-ness. He tries to justify his actions by exclaiming that he's just an ass, and that's what I should be used to. I explained that although I'm quite familiar with his ass-ness, that was merely a character flaw as opposed to an excuse to treat people like crap.

Step 6: Grandy expresses her appreciation for agreeing to have the meeting. It's important to clear the air, if you're going to grow and be able to work together. I explained to him that now that we're both on the same page, I will feel far better the next time he acts like a turd and I have to tell him to F-OFF!!

Oh yes, Grandy is growing up...but not all the way. ;)

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Works for me, Give 'Em Hell Grandy!

The Mother said...

So his excuse is that he's an ass? Wow, he really is. Good work.

Vixen said...

Good for Grandy. Grow up a little a time, no need to rush it!